We’re so proud of new Oriental Botanicals Conception and Pregnancy Care to support mothers’ nutritional needs before, during and after pregnancy, and Oriental Botanicals Breastfeeding Care, which contains herbs traditionally used to improve breast milk production in traditional Ayurvedic and Western herbal medicine.
Conception and Pregnancy Care from Oriental Botanicals contains 25 nutrients to support the health of women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning for pregnancy.
It includes nutrients to help:
- Get the body ready for conception and pregnancy
- Support a healthy pregnancy and healthy foetal development
- Top up the diets of breastfeeding women (which may be inadequate because they have greater nutritional requirements than other women)
Among other nutrients, Oriental Botanicals Conception and Pregnancy Care includes:
- Activated forms of folic acid (comprised of 250mcg folinic acid and 250mcg 5-MTHF as Quatrefolic®); these forms of folic acid do not require as much metabolic processing as regular folic acid before they can be utilised by the body
- Activated forms of vitamin B12 (mecobalamin), vitamin B6 (pyridoxal 5-phosphate, P5P) and vitamin B2 (riboflavin sodium phosphate)
- Vitamin D3, which is needed for bone health
- Iodine, adequate intake of which is needed for normal foetal development, including supporting the development of the brain and central nervous system
- Antioxidants to support preconception health by reducing free radical formation in the body
- Iron, which is needed in greater than usual quantities during pregnancy to support red blood cell production for your baby
Click here to learn more about Oriental Botanicals Conception and Pregnancy Care
Oriental Botanicals Breastfeeding Care has been specially formulated to support mums who are breastfeeding their babies, and contains herbs traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to:
- Promote breast milk production
- Relax the nervous system
- Support healthy digestion and relieve symptoms of indigestion
Many herbal medicines are best avoided while breastfeeding, but Oriental Botanicals Breastfeeding Care has been professionally formulated with herbs traditionally used for exactly that purpose in traditional Western herbal medicine, including:
- Goat’s rue, which is used to increase breast milk production
- Vervain, which enhances breast milk production, and is also traditionally taken to support the nervous system
- Fenugreek, which is traditionally taken not only to improve lactation, but also to soothe irritated tissues, relieve indigestion and support healthy digestion
Oriental Botanicals Breastfeeding Care also contains shatavari, which has been used to improve breast milk production in traditional Ayurvedic medicine for hundreds of years.
This formula is suitable for use with Oriental Botanicals Conception and Pregnancy Care, which supports the nutritional requirements of breastfeeding women.