Features and benefits
Based on their use in traditional Western herbal medicine, herbs in Oriental Botanicals Breastfeeding Care help to:
- Support lactation
- Improve the production of breast milk
- Relieve mild anxiety symptoms and relax the nervous system
- Support healthy emotional balance
- Relieve indigestion symptoms and maintain healthy digestion
- Soothe irritated tissues
- Suitable for use with Oriental Botanicals Conception & Pregnancy Care to support the nutritional needs of breastfeeding women
How it works
The herbs goat’s rue, fenugreek and vervain are used to maintain lactation and increase breast milk production in traditional Western herbal medicine.
Vervain is also taken to help maintain emotional wellbeing in traditional Western herbal medicine, including helping to support healthy moods, calm symptoms of mild anxiety and relax the nervous system.
In addition to promoting breast milk production, fenugreek is used in traditional Western herbal medicine to soothe tissue irritation, promote healthy digestion, relieve symptoms of dyspepsia (indigestion), and as a nutritive tonic to support convalescence after being unwell.
Oriental Botanicals Breastfeeding Care also contains shatavari, which is traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine to stimulate breast milk production, relieve indigestion symptoms and as a rejuvenating tonic.