Features and benefits
- Oriental Botanicals Curcumin Excel blends high-strength curcuminoids (from turmeric) with ginger and a standardised herbal extract of boswellia
- Specially formulated with Curcumin C3 Complex®
- Curcuminoids relieve:
- Mild joint aches and pains
- Mild rheumatic pain
- Curcuminoids also have antioxidant properties, and decrease free radicals formed in the body; Curcumin C3 Complex® combines curcumin with other curcuminoids (demethoxycurcumin and bidemethoxycurcumin) that aid the stability of curcumin and the antioxidant properties of the formula
- Plus piperine (BioPerine®, from black pepper), to promote the bioavailability of curcumin
- In Ayurvedic medicine, black pepper is commonly combined with ginger
How it works
Oriental Botanicals Curcumin Excel is a high-potency combination of concentrated curcuminoids from turmeric. It includes Curcumin C3 Complex® plus ginger and an extract of boswellia standardised to contain beta-boswellic acids.
What are curcuminoids?
Curcuminoids are a collection of active plant chemicals found in the popular herb turmeric, the best known of which is curcumin. Other curcuminoids include demethoxycurcumin and bidemethoxycurcumin, which are also found in Oriental Botanicals Curcumin Excel.
Curcuminoids relieve inflammation
Amongst other therapeutic effects, curcuminoids relieve:
- Mild aches and pains in the joints
- Mild rheumatic pain
Curcuminoids help reduce the formation of free radicals in the body, thanks to their antioxidant effects. In Oriental Botanicals Curcumin Excel, the presence of demethoxycurcumin and bidemethoxycurcumin contribute to the antioxidant actions of Curcumin C3 Complex®, while also stabilising the curcumin in the formula.
Cholesterol and gallbladder health
Other therapeutic benefits of curcuminoids include supporting healthy cholesterol, healthy gallbladder and immune system function, and wound healing.
Black pepper and curcumin
Oriental Botanicals Curcumin Excel includes black pepper, standardised to provide consistent levels of a compound called piperine (BioPerine®), which enhances the bioavailablity of curcumin.
In the ancient Indian practice of medicine, known as Ayurvedic medicine, black pepper is often used alongside ginger.
Curcumin C3 Complex® and BioPerine® are registered trademarks of Sabinsa Corporation.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your health professional.