Features and benefits
- Broad-spectrum nutritional supplement providing key nutrients for the health of the hair, skin and nails including zinc, biotin, vitamin C, vitamin A and betacarotene
- Plus 150mg of silica per tablet, and 1g (1000mg) of the traditional Chinese herb Fallopia multiflora (Phytofol®)
- Helps maintain healthy hair (including hair condition and strength) and may help manage minor hair loss when caused by inadequate zinc consumption
- Helps support strong nails and maintain their thickness and condition
- May also help strengthen soft or brittle nails
- Contains key nutrients to support the health and integrity of collagen in the skin and other connective tissue, including zinc and vitamin C
- Also provides antioxidant nutrients, which may help protect against free radical damage • Suitable for men, women and children over 6 years old
- Suitable for use in conjunction with Oriental Botanicals Hairpro
How it works
Oriental Botanicals Hair Skin Nails Excel provides a wide range of nutrients required for the health and maintenance of the skin, hair and nails.
Zinc is especially important for hair, skin and nail health, but research from the Australian Bureau of Statistics indicates that more than one in three Australian males and one in 10 Australian females don't obtain the recommended amounts of zinc from their daily diets*.
Since zinc plays numerous roles in the body, inadequate dietary intake may have a number of different consequences, including minor hair loss.
For example, zinc is important for the production and maintenance of collagen, a form of connective tissue that’s found in the deep layer of skin called the dermis, where it’s important for skin tissue’s strength and flexibility.
As we get older the collagen in the dermis begins to decline in quality and quantity, contributing to the development of lines and wrinkles. Along with vitamin C, zinc is required for the development and integrity of collagen and thus helps to support skin health. It’s also involved in the healing of damaged skin, including pimples, blemishes and other minor wounds like cuts, scratches, abrasions and mild burns.
Zinc is also involved in other aspects of physical appearance, including helping to maintain the health and condition of the hair and the strength and thickness of the nails. It often works closely with vitamin C, which is also involved in collagen production and skin health.
In addition, vitamin C has antioxidant properties and consequently may help to protect against free radical damage which can attack cells in the body and contribute to the ageing process over time. Other antioxidant nutrients in Oriental Botanicals Hair Skin Nails Excel include vitamin E and betacarotene.
Biotin is a natural component of our daily diets and is a member of the B-group family of vitamins. It is involved in the maintenance of healthy hair and skin, and is considered important for nail health.
If your nails are soft or brittle and are therefore prone to breaking, splitting or flaking easily, taking biotin may help to strengthen them.
Oriental Botanicals Hair Skin Nails Excel also contains a broad spectrum of other nutrients, including B-group vitamins and the minerals silica, copper, manganese, selenium and iodine.
Each tablet of Oriental Botanicals Hair Skin Nails Excel also provides 1g (1000mg) of Phytofol® - our traditionally prepared extract of the Chinese herb Fallopia multiflora, which is tested in Australia to ensure it meets our quality standards.
Phytofol® is also found in Oriental Botanicals Hairpro and we recommend taking the two supplements together.
* Reference: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Food Standards Australia New Zealand. Australian Health Survey: Usual nutrient intakes 2011-12. Commonwealth of Australia, 2015.