Features and benefits
Oriental Botanicals Hair Skin Nails Excel’s new improved formula includes:
- Nutrients to support the health of the hair, skin and nails
- Biotin to help reduce hair loss when dietary intake of it is insufficient
- Zinc to help keep the hair and nails strong
- Silica and vitamin C to support collagen formation
- Antioxidant nutrients to decrease the formation of free radicals in the body
- Dong quai, which improves the health of the hair and nails by acting as a blood tonic, based on its traditional use in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- Dong quai is also traditionally used as a blood tonic that improves skin health by relieving dryness in TCM
- B-group vitamins, selenium, iodine and more – a total of 15 nutritionals!
How it works
NEW IMPROVED FORMULA: Oriental Botanicals Hair Skin Nails Excel combines key nutrients for healthy hair, skin and nails with the traditional Chinese herb dong quai.
Taking a biotin supplement can help to reduce hair loss if your diet contains inadequate quantities of this valuable nutrient, which is found in foods like eggs, fish, meat, sunflower seeds and sweet potatoes.
Biotin also supports the strength of the nails and helps keep them strong, and is involved in maintaining healthy skin.
Zinc and vitamin C
Zinc and vitamin C support skin health. They also play a vital role in the formation of healthy collagen, a protein that helps give the skin, hair and hair follicles their structure.
In addition, zinc supports wound healing and skin repair and helps maintain the health of the hair and nails, while vitamin C has antioxidant properties to help reduce the body’s formation of free radicals.
Hair, Skin Nails Excel contains zinc glycinate, a highly bioavailable form of zinc that is more easily absorbed than some other types of zinc (e.g. zinc sulfate).
Also known as silicon, silica is a mineral that’s found in a wide range of plant-based foods, including whole grains and vegetables like carrots and green beans. Like zinc and vitamin C, it’s involved in the formation of healthy collagen.
In TCM, the blood is traditionally believed to provide nourishment to the hair, skin and nails, helping to keep them in good condition.
Dong quai is traditionally used as a blood tonic in TCM, and therefore to help improve the condition of the hair, the strength of the nails and the general health of the skin (where it acts by relieving dryness).
HOT TIP: Dong quai is also found in Oriental Botanicals Hairpro and Oriental Botanicals Dermvavital, which are suitable for use alongside Oriental Botanicals Hair Skin Nails Excel.