Features and benefits
- Now available in delicious watermelon or NEW lemon-lime zing flavours, both naturally sweetened with thaumatin
- Specially formulated to meet the needs of athletes and active people, who typically have greater magnesium requirements than others
- Mixes with water or juice and is easy to add to your water bottle or smoothie
- Includes OptiChel MG (magnesium glycinate), which has a superior bioavailability profile to some other forms of magnesium
- Also provides nutritional co-factors, including the amino acids L-carnitine, taurine and glutamine, plus B-group vitamins, vitamin C, selenium, zinc and chromium
- Supports healthy muscle contraction and relaxation
- Helps maintain electrolyte balance after exercise
- Supports the body’s stress responses and normal cellular energy production
- May also help relieve mild muscle fatigue and cramps, support endurance capacity during exercise, ease symptoms of premenstrual syndrome, relieve sleeplessness and maintain cardiovascular system health when dietary magnesium intake is lower than recommended
How it works
Your muscles require magnesium in order to contract and relax properly, enabling you to engage in activities like moving your body and maintaining your stability while sitting and standing.
Oriental Botanicals Magnesium Excel Powder supports healthy muscle contraction and relaxation and helps compensate for magnesium depletion from sweating by restoring electrolyte balance after exercise.
If your magnesium intake is below recommended levels (as it is for one-third of Australian adults*), taking Magnesium Excel Powder may also help reduce muscle cramps, relieve symptoms of premenstrual syndrome and support exercise performance, cardiovascular health and healthy sleeping patterns.
Other physiological functions of magnesium include aiding in the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP, the compound used as the body’s primary energy source), supporting the body’s stress responses, regulating calcium metabolism and maintaining bone health, and helping to support healthy people’s blood sugar metabolism,
Oriental Botanicals Magnesium Excel Powder contains magnesium glycinate (as OptiChel MG). This gentle-on-the-stomach form of magnesium is more readily absorbed and available to the body after consumption than some other types of magnesium (such as magnesium oxide).
* Australian Bureau of Statistics, Food Standards Australia New Zealand. Australian Health Survey: Usual nutrient intakes 2011-12. Commonwealth of Australia, 2015.