Features and benefits
Oriental Botanicals SinuClear is based on the herbal formula Cang Er Zi San, which has been used to help relieve mild sinusitis symptoms for hundreds of years in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM).
In mild sinusitis, ingredients in Oriental Botanicals SinuClear help:
- Relieve a stuffy nose, sinus headaches and mucous membrane inflammation, based on the traditional use of xanthium in TCM
- Relieve a runny nose, based on the traditional use of magnolia in TCM
- Ease sinus pain, based on the traditional use of white angelica in TCM, which is also traditionally regarded as being able to open up the nose and sinuses to clear congestion
- Relieve sinus headache and clear the eyes and head, based on the traditional use of Asian wild mint in TCM
- Stimulate the immune system and have anti-infective and anti-inflammatory properties, based on the traditional use of houttuynia in TCM
How it works
In TCM, a herbal formula called Cang Er Zi San has been in traditional use for hundreds of years to help manage mild sinusitis and relieve its symptoms. Consisting of xanthium fruit, magnolia flower, white angelica root and Asian wild mint leaves, Cang Er Zi San is traditionally taken in TCM to help the sinus passages feel clearer and relieve mild sinusitis symptoms such as mucous congestion and headache.
Oriental Botanicals SinuClear combines the herbs in Cang Er Zi San with houttuynia, which is traditionally regarded as having anti-infective properties in TCM.
Read on to discover more about each of the ingredients in SinuClear and their traditional uses in Chinese medicine.
Xanthium is traditionally used in TCM to help clear the congested sinuses and stuffed up nasal passages of mild sinusitis, as well as to relieve associated headaches. It’s also traditionally regarded as having the ability to soothe inflamed and irritated sinus mucous membranes in TCM.
In TCM, magnolia floweris traditionally regarded as having decongestant and anti-infective effects and is taken to help relieve the runny nose that sometimes occurs in mild sinusitis. Thanks to its decongestant properties, it may also be beneficial for runny nasal discharges and sneezing caused by hayfever, based on its traditional use in Chinese medicine.
In TCM, white angelica is traditionally used to help open up the nose and sinuses, soothe mucous membrane inflammation and relieve mild sinusitis symptoms such as pain, pressure and headaches. Like magnolia flower, white angelica is traditionally used as a herbal decongestant in TCM, and is additionally regarded as having anti-infective properties.
Asian wild mint
Asian wild minthelps relieve headaches associated with mild sinusitis and clear the eyes and head, based on its traditional use in TCM.
In Oriental Botanicals SinuClear, the herbs above are accompanied by houttuynia, which is traditionally regarded as having anti-infective and anti-inflammatory properties in TCM, as well as the ability to stimulate the immune system.