Features and benefits
- Provides antioxidants that support healthy vision and eye function, including lutein and zeaxanthin
- Includes zinc, vitamin C and copper to reduce free radical formation in the body and thus help maintain macula and retina health
- For people whose dietary intake is low, zinc also helps the eyes adapt to changes in light intensity and supports night vision
- Also contains goji berries, which are traditionally used to support healthy eyesight and eye function in TCM
- Includes chrysanthemum, traditionally used to soothe red, dry and uncomfortable eyes in TCM
How it works
Oriental Botanicals Vision Excel supports healthy vision and eye function from several angles, as detailed below.
Eye, macula and retina health
The antioxidant nutrients zinc, copper and vitamin C reduce free radical formation in the body, and consequently help to maintain the health of the eyes, including key areas that are susceptible to free radical damage:
- The retina, a light-sensitive layer of tissue at the rear of the eye, which is responsible for converting the light you perceive into images and directing them to the brain for interpretation
- The macula, a small region at the centre of the retina which is critical for aspects of vision that require sharpness and visual focus
Oriental Botanicals Vision Excel also contains lutein and zeaxanthin, which are derived from marigold flowers. These members of the carotenoid family of antioxidants provide additional support for eye health and vision.
Zinc aids night vision
Zinc supplements help the eyes adapt to changing levels of light and support night vision in people whose dietary intake of zinc is inadequate.
Herbs to support healthy vision and relieve dry, red or uncomfortable eyes
In TCM, chrysanthemum flowers and goji berries are traditionally used to support healthy vision and eye function.
Chrysanthemum is also traditionally used to reduce eye discomfort, redness and dryness in TCM.